Nationwide Payments takes fraud seriously. It is our goal for all merchants to validate compliance.
The following information is directly from the PCI Security Standards Website and is extremely helpful information to provide to merchants who may not understand the importance of PCI Compliance:
“Compliance with data security standards can bring major benefits to businesses of all sizes, while failure to comply can have serious and long-term negative consequences. Here are some reasons why.
- Compliance with the PCI DSS means that your systems are secure, and customers can trust you with their sensitive payment card information:
- Trust means your customers have confidence in doing business with you
- Confident customers are more likely to be repeat customers, and to recommend you to others
- Compliance improves your reputation with acquirers and payment brands — the partners you need in order to do business
- Compliance is an ongoing process, not a one-time event. It helps prevent security breaches and theft of payment card data, not just today, but in the future:
- As data compromise becomes ever more sophisticated, it becomes ever more difficult for an individual merchant to stay ahead of the threats
- The PCI Security Standards Council is constantly working to monitor threats and improve the industry’s means of dealing with them, through enhancements to PCI Security Standards and by the training of security professionals
- When you stay compliant, you are part of the solution – a united, global response to fighting payment card data compromise
- Compliance has indirect benefits as well:
- Through your efforts to comply with PCI Security Standards, you’ll likely be better prepared to comply with other regulations as they come along, such as HIPAA, SOX, etc.
- You’ll have a basis for a corporate security strategy
- You will likely identify ways to improve the efficiency of your IT infrastructure”
We encourage you to contact us with any questions regarding validating PCI DSS Compliance. It is our goal for all merchants to validate compliance.